søndag 29. august 2010

Excuse me, I'm drowning.


Yesterday must have been one of the wettest days in the history of Norwegian motor racing. Hosting the annual Classic & Sportscar Meeting at Vålerbanen, NSK (Norwegian Sportscar Club) couldn't have got it worse. Of course, looking out my window today the sun is shining, birds are singing and all is right with the world again. For the people still racing at the track today, this is good news. Sadly, I'm not there. What I've got is a selection of pictures taken by a severely soaked photographer and ditto camera. What about a camera rain cover, I hear you say? Yes, that would be the smart thing to bring along to an event in these conditions. However, I'm not a smart-solution-kind of guy. I usually do the less intelligent thing, such as not bringing any rain protective gear whatsoever.

Anyway, I've dried up now and started working on these pictures. And I'm a bit stumped by a peculiar detail. When screening the pictures and picking out the ones to be edited, absolutely all of the decent ones had a Porsche in it. There were all kinds of cars present on the track, but that's not the impression you get from this batch.

To all those not driving Porsches, sorry..!









Back in the pits, not a Porsche in sight...

After a while it stopped raining for about five minutes. Of course, this was during the "Porsche Cup" race.








Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Automotive photography served with a side of motoring journalism

This blog has been created as a general creative outlet both photowise and writing. I try to emphasize the dramatic aspects of my photo objects in various ways, and if I have anything to say about them (or other things), I probably will. Please feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy..!