mandag 2. august 2010

Italian Weekend 2010




Here in Norway, all fans of Italian motors have a certain date circled out with lots of exclamation marks in their calendar. Yes, you guessed it. It's the Italian Weekend..!

Put simply, it's a trackday and racing event combined with an exhibition of various Italian cars and motorbikes. In the evening you have the mandatory binge drinking, some more racing the next day and then home. A perfect weekend, in other words.

I tagged along as a photographer, a very grumpy one since my Lancia called it a day just metres from the track with a broken master brake cylinder (german part, mind you). Even still, I would make the best of it and enjoy the day watching, and listening to, all kinds of Italian exotica.

As you can see, the weather varied from kind of nice to kind of crap. Notice a couple of race cars suffering from non-existent window heaters. How they managed to hit apexes while trying to look out of a clear patch of only a few centimetres is beyond my comprehension. Impressive driving.

Bad weather aside, it was a fantastic weekend. Looking forward to next year..!


















































































































1 kommentar:

  1. So if you are a usual presence in these races you must know my friend Fredrik Ernestus who used to run a GTA replica in white with red nose. :)

    Just found your blog and I'm loving it. Your photos are great. Pay me a visit at motorbest.net! ;)

    Greetings from Portugal,
    Hugo Reis

    SvarSlett

Automotive photography served with a side of motoring journalism

This blog has been created as a general creative outlet both photowise and writing. I try to emphasize the dramatic aspects of my photo objects in various ways, and if I have anything to say about them (or other things), I probably will. Please feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy..!