tirsdag 28. august 2012

This Is A Load Of Bull.



This was my fisrt thought when tumbling out of bed in a hotel close to Sant'Agata Bolognese on the morning of this shoot. My head was throbbing with pain and cold sweat seemed to have inhabited every inch of my skin. I am one of those people who generally only have one or two sickdays a year. My body, however, chose this day, of all days of the year, to throw a fit. I will never forgive it for as long as I live. But, fever or not, my body is getting its ass in the shower and out of this hotel, if it wants to or not. Because today is the day I've been waiting for all of my life: I am having an exclusive shoot of the new kick-ass supercar Lamborghini Aventador in its own backyard.



So, what you will read here is not a deep insight into how the Aventador is to drive. Simply because I never drove it. Which is the correct thing to do when you are having a fever and Lamborghini asks for your signature on a piece of paper which, if you should scratch it, makes you owe them around 200 000 Euro.

I can, however, tell you how it is to be sat in the passenger seat of a car capable of doing 0-100 km/h in 2,9 secs on almost any road surface while having a burning fever. It's sh**, quite frankly.




My experience of this breath-taking superbull was not of the positive kind. At least not from a passengers point of view. A view which didn't exactly alter when the first upchanges came while having the Corsa-button switched on. I can't even begin to tell you how violent the shudder feels when my colleague pulls the right lever when accelerating hard at, say, 7000 rpm. Come to think of it, it's pretty similar to landing straight on your back in the water after jumping off a ten feet cliff. WHACK!








You're actually lifted out of your seat for a brief moment as the forces kick in. But as the acceleration continues, your neck finds no rest. It's lodged up against the upper parts of the one-piece racing-esque seat for as long as the driver keeps his right foot down. Which gear it happens to be in at the time, doesn't really affect this very much.























Shortly summarized: The Aventador is just as physically exhausting, just as ridicilously quick, just as visually thrilling and just as bad for people with less-than-optimal shape as an Italian supercar is supposed to be. Long live the Bull.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Automotive photography served with a side of motoring journalism

This blog has been created as a general creative outlet both photowise and writing. I try to emphasize the dramatic aspects of my photo objects in various ways, and if I have anything to say about them (or other things), I probably will. Please feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy..!