torsdag 22. november 2012

Bondage.


Just to be clear right from the off: I am no Aston Martin fan.
Sure, they look good. They sound quite nice as well. The quality of craftmanship is also top notch. Put in short, it's got all the right things to float my boat. At least in theory. The thing that ruins Aston Martin to me, is the fact that they haven't designed anything new in more than ten years.
Sure, they've tweaked the looks as the cars came along, but let's face it: the car you see in the pictures looks more or less like a facelifted 2004 DB9. But yes, it looks good.






So why do I feature this car if I don't like the looks of it? Well, there's a very simple reason for that. It's under the bonnet. You see, this is not a regular V8 Vantage. It's the big daddy; the V12.





With 510 horsepowers kicking at the rear wheels, it's quite an amazing kit. But the very best bit is the fact that the transmission is as old school as it gets. Yes, it's a manual!





Sadly, I never even got to drive it. This time I had to make do with riding shotgun and taking pictures. But it still made a deep impression. Next time I'll post something that I've actually driven...



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Automotive photography served with a side of motoring journalism

This blog has been created as a general creative outlet both photowise and writing. I try to emphasize the dramatic aspects of my photo objects in various ways, and if I have anything to say about them (or other things), I probably will. Please feel free to leave a comment. Enjoy..!